Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Red Carpet Hunting Trip

I am assuming its most men’s dream to go on a red carpet style hunting trip (most other than my dad and brother that is).  Well, Trey Lamar got his lifelong wish to go on a man only hunting trip out west. 
Trey and 5 other men left last Tuesday morning at 6:00 A.M. headed to Wyoming (flying, not driving) to sleep on tents and hunt elk.  Sleeping in a tent would quite honestly be one of my worst nightmares.  I am not “prissy”, but my sleep is very important to me along with me bed, pillows, and noise machine. 
His home for a week
This picture is their “camp” if you will.  The tent on the left is where the chef cooked their meals.  Yes, you read that correctly, he had a chef.  That would be why I said it was a red carpet style hunting trip.  I was left at home to fend for myself and slick had a chef.  You all need not worry, I ate very well while my hubby was away!

 
This is inside the tent.  I was under the impression that he was actually sleeping on the ground in his stylish mummy sleeping bag we bought.  He had it better than I thought with this cot.  On the first night I don’t think he slept too well since a herd of horses came into their camp and made all kinds of noise.  I wonder if Trey got scared? 


 
The wilder beast out hunting for our supper. 


 
And thank goodness his week-long trip was a success and he killed one of the critters.  Who knew they were soooooo big??
 
His elk weighed about 700 pounds.  He killed it around 9:30 in the morning and spent most of the day trying to figure out how to get it off the mountain.

 
Tom, the guide
 
Only two of the six mean who went on the trip killed an elk.
Trey’s buddy, John Stevens
 
I was so glad to see Trey when he got home.  He didn’t come empty handed either.  Like any good husband would do, he brought his wife a present.  No, I didn’t get a t-shirt, hat, or magnet from his trip.  I got none other than some elk TEETH straight from the beasts mouth himself.  Nothing says I love you like some bloody ivory teeth!!!!!! 

I shudder at the thought of how much the United States Post Office is going to charge to send that elk head back to Mississippi.  I may have to work more than my 25 years to pay for that sucker!!! 
Now it’s my turn to go on a woman only beach trip.  Any takers??????

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

That's a HUGE elk! Congrats to Trey :)

My idea of roughing it is staying at the Hilton...I'm not staying in a tent either ;)

Anonymous said...

Would u mind commenting with info on who led the hunting trip? My dad and I want to surprise my brother with an elk hunting trip for his 40th birthday, and I would like to see if they can go with company that did this trip.
Thanks!
Susan

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...