Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ohhh but I'm not

Ohhhh how I want to be a fun craftsy mom, but the truth of the matter is… I’M NOT!  I found this good recipe for Christmas ornaments on my new favorite website, pinterest, and decided to give it a try.
 here's the recipe:
12 small hand prints (change servings and units)
Ingredients
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups water

Directions
1
Combine ingredients and knead dough for 15 to 20 minutes.

2
Roll dough out and cut around hand or cut circles out for making hand imprints. Use cookie cutters for ornaments or gift tags. If necessary, slightly dampen pieces to make them stick together.

3
Make a small hole for the hanger and prick to prevent air bubbles.

4
Bake at 300ºF about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. You may have to bake considerably longer depending on how thick your items are. They may not feel hard right away but will harden as they cool.

tip: make sure to use a nonstick surface, or spray cookie sheet with pam. if you do get some stickage, cover the back with felt or cardstock. attach with hot glue gun.

Okay so possibly the first mistake is the bowl I was using wasn’t a round cookie cutter and it could have caused some internal damage to my dough??????!!!!!!!!


 
This is before they were baked.  We even used some red food coloring and some cookie cutters to jazz things up a bit.




They are goofy.  They didn’t turn out like the ones I found on line.  I guess I needed to cook them longer.  I just don’t know.  Ford and I can fail at an arts and crafts project 9 times out of 10.  I guess the good thing is that he had fun.

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Dude...I'm right there with you. I try my best to try out crafty things and it normally ends up looking like a 2 year old did it. Jackson's always looks better than mine. I think they look cute! I love Pinterest :) At least Ford had a good time :)

B said...

Look on the blog flythroughourwindow.com - she posted a recipe last time around Christmas. Hopefully they'll turn out better if you do them again

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...