Friday, March 15, 2019

It's SB 2019

I really was excited about spring break, yet I was concerned/worried/anxious at the same time.  We, as in the kids and I, run really well on a schedule.  When you take us off of our schedule it can get chaotic.  So spring break....I was excited about a rest, but worried about my three little amigos and how they'd fare with no routine.  As always, we have managed to stay busy.  I am not sure what all I have done other than 75,00 loads of laundry, some vacuuming and a few Wal-Mart trips.

Vacations aren't really an option when your daddy is in session, so what do you do....???... you go see him!  Now, I am a homebody.  I get all worked up thinking about packing and leaving the nest, but we went, we did, we survived.  

On Wednesday, we rolled out at 8:00 AM and rolled into The Orchard (an assisted living) to see my Grandmother upon arrival in the big city.  She's 92.  She's always been one to keep herself up, but within the last year or two she has let her hair gray and get long.  This is not normal.  She was glad to see us.
 Her sister, my great aunt, was there as well.  She entertained the kids.
 After we spent some time at The Orchard, we made a quick stop at The Capitol to find Daddy, and other folks and headed to Char for lunch.  Our neighbor was paging down there for the week and had lunch with us.  Ford loves him.
 After Char we headed back to the Cap.  We disturbed the peace just long enough before we left.  Naturally, you can't leave before pictures.
 On the way out, we were fortunate enough to pet a baby alligator from the Hattiesburg Zoo.
 We zipped over to the Children's Museum for a quick play date.  While I was trying to chase three children in three different directions, I ran into one of my favorites, Bishop.  She and I taught together my first two years when Trey and I lived in Jackson.  I made my heart happy to see her!
 Ford might have been too old for this place, but he survived.
 After the museum, we checked into our hotel, changed clothes, and headed to dinner at The McClain Lodge.  I'm thinking we need to go back to this place.  Representative Steve Massengill, has great patience.  He was soooo sweet to my kiddos.
 We stayed at The Embassy Suites which Ford was confused because in his books, Suites is spelled Sweets.  I'm pretty sure I never convinced him that they sounds alike but mean two different things.  We stayed there for the pool!!!!
 We left, headed home, and I saw the cemetery where my granddaddy was buried almost 2 years ago.  Therefore, we did a quick turn around so the babies could go see where he was laid to rest.
 Bitty was super confused that he wasn't buried in the ground. 
 Soon after we arrived home, unpacked, and repacked, the boys left for Memphis with Puddin and Pops. 
 They saw some sights, ate some food, watched some ballgames, slept, ate some more and came home.
 Sister stayed with us for a special day with her parents.  She chose to dress herself in the cleats and a gymnastics get-up.  We played at 2 parks, got a special snack which consisted of Doritos and lemonade, had pizza, rode the golf cart, screamed bloody murder about her ear, and went to bed.
Today it was confirmed, she has an ear infection. 

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...