Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bloody eyelid = Trip to the ER

 We like to “Keep It Real” around the Lamar household.  Things running too smoothly might make a man nervous, so my boys do an excellent job of keeping us on our toes.

Every Sunday after church we go and eat at Puddin and Pop’s house for lunch.  Usually we all sit at the table, but for some reason today Ford sat at the bar.  After I fixed my plate I went and sat down beside him.  Not too long after I was enjoying my food John Brantley comes over and puts his arms up for me.  He sat beside me for a minute and then I got up to fix him a drink.  I had my back turned and I heard Puddin sort of holler and I heard a loud noise.  Well, Bitty had managed to fall out of the tall barstool and hit the floor.  I have no idea how it happened since I was facing the refrigerator.  It all happened so quickly.  I grabbed him and soon after noticed that he was bleeding by his eye.  It was quickly decided, mostly by Pops, that he needed to go to the doctor.  Without further ado, we headed to Memphis to Lebonheur.  
 Trey dropped us off at the door and I went inside and got signed in.  We waited about 20-30 minutes and were called into triage where John Brantley was called a girl by everyone who saw him.  We were then taken to a room and saw several other nurses before a doctor came in. 
 We waited and waited and waited!!!!!
I was under the impression that he would be getting 2 stitches or the derma -bond glue.  The doctor then decided to do neither.  She said the glue burns when it is applied and its risky putting it near the eye.  It was be bad news if it got into his eye.  She then said that she didn't want to put him through getting stitches, so we went for cleaning him up and some Neosporin.  That was bad enough for me!  After being there for about 2.5 hours we finally got to leave!
Moral of the story:  Do NOT leave your small children unattended on elevated surfaces!!!!

Yesterday Ford and I went to the movies.  I was so excited since it would be his first trip to the show, and he was excited about the coke, popcorn, and candy.  We got settled in our seats and all was going well.  The previews were pretty lengthy and then finally the show began.  After about 20 minutes Ford asked me, “Momma, when will Frozen (the movie) start??”  I laughed and told him it had already started.  He then decided that he didn't like that movie and was ready to go.  I told him that we were staying for the entire thing.  
 I probably should have seen the writing on the walls and bailed when we had a chance, but I didn't and we stayed.  Frozen is a Disney movie and we all know they have a conflict/bad guy in all of their movies, however, they always end happily.  Being that Ford pretty much sticks with Mickey Mouse and the gang, he didn't know this.

Well, all of a sudden some wolves appear in the movie and Ford announced to the entire theater, “This is NOT a good movie.”  (We don’t like wolves).  Things only went downhill from there.  The Queen was being mean to other people, and he thought her sister was going to die.  Ford cried!!  Yes, he started crying and being loud and demanding to leave.  Again, I refused to waste the $14.00 we spent and pulled him up into my lap.  His little heart was beating so fast.  He laid his head on my shoulder and cried.  Every few minutes he would turn around and take a peek.  I tried telling him numerous times that no one was going to die and it would end happily.  That didn't matter.  He didn't like that show.

Moral of the story:  Don’t take your tender-hearted 4 year old to see anymore Disney movies until he is at least 10. 

 It might not look like a lot of presents are under my tree, but I have literally wrapped presents on several occasions for a long time.  No gifts that I wrapped have bows on them.  I can’t tie pretty bows and I think the stick on kind are ugly.  This is my second year boycotting boys.  But regardless of no bows, I love my tree and think I will stare at it a lot this week.  Plus I made my Christmas tree skirt several years ago, and it makes me happy too.
 We tried to get some pictures before church this morning, but I don’t think they were feeling it.
Now we will TRY to wait patiently on Santa to come…….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try a movie this summer at one of the malco locations (oxford, memphis areas)...they do kids movies for $2 and have a $1.50 popcorn and coke to go with them. They are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 and usually have a mix of little kid and bigger kid throughout the summer. Mine was scared towards the end of Monsters University (but not thefirst one), and I made him stick it out too.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...