Monday, October 22, 2012

1 Samuel 1:27

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked him for.  1 Samuel 1:27
Yesterday was a very special day for us as a family, but even more so as John Brantley’s parents.  Our church had baby dedication Sunday and we dedicated our sweet baby boy.  It was a special service and John Brantley looked cute and acted wonderful.  He wore the same Feltman Brothers outfit that Ford had on when he was dedicated.


 
Yesterday was his first time to ever wear shoes!


 
He is precious!!!!
 
Gran and BoomPa with John Brantley
 
In true Lamar fashion, one of our children would be upset.  Yesterday it was Ford.  He just wasn’t feeling it and cried and pitched a large fit.  His newest thing is to say he’s tired when things aren’t going his way!
 


I got my blog books out on Saturday to look at what I had blogged about for Ford’s baby dedication and I NEVER blogged about his!!!  I felt really bad about that.  So now it’s time for some pictures from Ford’s big day 3 years ago….
 
My grandparents
 
Bobba
 
Daddy, Uncle Ken, Uncle Vance, Pops, and BoomPa… and Granddaddy holding Ford
 
Momma, Gran, Puddin and Ford, Bobba, Grandmother, and Aunt Ashley… and Caroline on the floor

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.  Proverbs 22:6
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.  Colossians 3:20
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.  Ephesians 6:1
He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.  Proverbs 13:24

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

They are so adorable Jill! I just want to kiss all over JB's face! (That probably would make you a little nervous;)) We used the same scripture when we dedicated Reid:)

jillemersonbell said...

So sweet!!! My boys had that EXACT same outfit when they were babies. Thanks for your comments on my newborn post. Postpartum is for the birds!!! Can't believe I am about to have another newborn on my hands. Oh dear! Love reading your blog! P.S. Saw Ford at the MHS football game Friday night. We had our ten year class reunion. It was fun being back in Tobie town :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...