Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Vitamins

I feel that it is important to start off with a positive.  I FEEL BETTER (yes, imagine me yelling that)!!!  I honestly don’t think I can even begin to explain how terrible I felt for about 4 weeks.  I was at an all-time low.  I think I was close to depression.  My house was and still is a wreck, I wasn’t cooking, there was no motivation to do anything, bedtime was at 7:00, and the “get up” I wore to school said enough about how I felt.  I had one good friend who came into my classroom and laughed and said “What do you have on?”  I had on purplish colored Toms, red and green Christmas socks, black yoga pants that three people could have fit in, and a pull over fleece.  I am surprised I wasn’t reprimanded for my attire. 
One night last week I forgot to take my prenatal vitamins and felt like Jill the next day.  It later occurred to me that the vitamins were the cause of my extreme illness and now I am taking a Flintstones and a Folic Acid and I feel sooooooo much better. 
11 weeks pregnant

 
Last weekend we met Ken, Ashley, and the crew at the Pink Palace.  We toured the Enchanted Forest and even found Santa Clause. 
 Caroline
 
Molly Cate
 
Jack



 
Certain foods and smells seem to gross me out sometimes.  I am always thirsty and craving something cold.  I found these little treats near the apple sauce at Wal-Mart.  Freeze and eat… Love them!
 
Ford has a Christmas count down chain in his room.  Every night we tear one link off.  I asked him if he knew what it meant when all the chains were gone.  He didn’t.  I told him that meant Santa was coming.  Well, he is pretty fired up about Old St. Nick.  I feel like a bad mother because the two things he wants for Christmas he isn’t getting.  He wants a big 4-wheeler.  The kind you must be 16 to drive.  That isn’t happening… he can ride Puddin and Pop’s for the next few years.  Last weekend when we were at Wal-Mart (yes, I took him.  Not my brightest idea yet considering ALL the toys they have out at that place).  When we passed the bike section he started yelling for me to go that way.  At the end of the bike section there was a John Deere gator.  It’s a two-seater battery operate jeep looking thing.  He started getting loud about how he needed that and he would ride Toto on it and not buck her off.  Bless his heart he won’t be getting a 4-wheeler or a gator.

Puddin put up her nativity scene at her house.  Ford loves to go and play with all the pieces and it’s really amazing how he understands this year.  He can tell you about Baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Wise Men, and he knows that Christmas is Jesus’s birthday.  It makes my heart so happy.

Trey has been super busy.  He has been in Jackson several times already for Legislature stuff.  I have had friends tease me and ask if they can come to the Christmas parties we throw at the Governor’s mansion when Trey becomes governor one day.  I don’t think we will be going that far!
Pops is FINISHED with chemo!  He is doing so great.  I always thought/heard that chemo was so terrible.  He has worked every single day and not missed single beat.  All of his scans have looked great!!!  Thank you to all who have prayed for him! 
I promise to blog again before another week has passed. 

1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! That is crazy that it was just the vitamins. You look adorable! Tiny...even though I'm sure you don't feel that way;)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...