Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy 31st


Happy 31st Birthday to my “favorite big boy.”  (I tell Ford that he is my favorite little boy, and Trey is my favorite big boy).  Tomorrow is actually Trey’s birthday, but I wanted to go ahead and wish him a happy day in advance.  Ford and I love you very much and are so proud of you and all your hard work!!!!! 
I made Trey his favorite chocolate cake tonight.  Here’s the recipe:
Trey’s Birthday Cake
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
½ cup shortening
4 tbs coco
1 cup water
½ cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
Mix flour and sugar.  Combine butter, shortening, coco, and water in a pot on the stove.  Bring to a boil.  Pour into flour and sugar mixture.  Add baking soda and buttermilk to the mixture.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Pour into cake pan.  Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.  (I baked mine for 20.  Next time I may do 18 min.)
ICING
On stove bring 1 stick butter, 4 tbs coco, and 6 tbs regular milk (not buttermilk) to a boil.  Add 1 box powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.  Add chopped pecans.  Stir and pour over cooled cake.
Bath time...


 Hiding from me while he brushes his teeth…

Ready to rock…
 
Helping me at school in my classroom.  Or better yet, eating my candy…
Facts about Ford:
Weight: 27ish pounds
Shoes Size: 6-7
Clothes: 24 months for now… 2T for fall
Diapers: size 4, but size 5 at night
Favorite foods: pistachios, steak, chips, French fires, green beans, cereal, shredded cheese, yogurt, apple sauce, nuts, pizza, etc.
Food he dislikes: fruit (I think it’s the texture), salad, and he would rather have salty over sweet.
TV: he is not a big fan.  He will pretty much only watch his tractor dvd.
Toys: He loves tractors, trains, coloring, playing Memory (we call it match), little match box cars
Other interests: He loves driving his tractor in the yard, pretending to drive my car (he knows how to crank it… scary), getting into my pots and pans, sweeping the floor, playing hide-n-seek, painting, and chasing Delta.
Nicknames: I call him Mr. Independent a lot because he wants to do everything himself.  He says “Me do it.”  And he will say “You not help me.”  I also call him Fordman or Fordster.  Trey calls him little Buddy.
Sleeping arrangements: He is still sleeping in his baby bed.  I did give him a pillow back in June!  We are going to transition into a big boy bed soon.  I still rock him for a little while and we say our prayers before we go to bed.
School: Ford starts 2-Day a week preschool at our church next week. 
Ford knows: What town he lives in.  What street he lives on and sometimes can say our address.  He can count 1-10 and usually 1-15.  We are working on 1-20.  He can say “A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H, Y and Z.  He knows all colors and the shapes of a triangle, square, circle, and heart.  He can spell his name.  If we ask what his “other name” is he says Jefferson Hannaford Ford Lamar.  He adds that Ford in there!  He knows my name, Trey’s, Puddin, Pops, Gran, and BoomPa’s.
His memory:  Ford forgets nothing.  He has this crazy thing about cars.  He remembers what everyone drives and if he sees them around town he will tell me who drives what car.  If we leave town and go somewhere and he sees a car like someone’s he immediately tells me.  He is always right too!  I used to be weird and know all types of cars when I was little too.  Yesterday when I picked him up from his babysitter’s house I asked him how to get home.  He told me exactly which ways I should turn to get to our house.

Ford loves his swimming pool.  The other night I was watering the grass and he kept begging to go swimming.  I finally agreed and filled up his pool.  Ford is not a child who plays well alone.  He always needs someone near or he says “play toys momma.”  He worried me to death and finally and jumped in with my clothes on.  Trey was shocked and amazed!!!!!  Cool mom award!


Today was my first day of school.  God is good and answered my prayers.  I have 21 cute and sweet children.  I really think it’s going to be a great year and I am really excited about it!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...